Despite the safety of most methods, lip augmentation is not recommended for some people, or also categorically contraindicated, regardless of the way. There are absolute and relative contraindications.
Table of Contents
Contraindications for filler injections
List of absolute contraindications:
- Diseases of the immune system;
- Age under 18;
- Diseases of the endocrine system (in addition, an endocrinologist’s consultation is required);
- Infectious diseases in the acute stage;
- Mental disorders;
- Inflammatory processes (sinusitis, dental cyst). Local inflammation in the lip area;
- Exacerbation of herpes or another viral disease;
- Exacerbation of chronic autoimmune diseases;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the implanted drug;
- Hyaluronic acid intolerance;
- If there are already fills. You can’t just pick up and pin your lips a little. The drug should be completely absorbed. It is difficult for a doctor to predict what reaction will follow when the remnants of the substance interact with a new portion of the drug;
- Poor blood clotting;
- Predisposition to the formation of colloidal scars.
What not to do before lip augmentation
If you decide to buy dysport online or any other filler, read some recommendations that apply to all methods:
- Do not visit the solarium, beach in a week;
- Do not drink coffee and preparations containing caffeine;
- A day before, refrain from alcohol;
- A week before you need to stop taking antibiotics;
- Stop taking anticoagulants the day before the procedure;
- No smoking on the day of the procedure;
- In the treated area, redness and itching are possible – these are normal consequences that will go away quickly. But you can not injure and touch the skin in the injection area.
Matching the object of magnification: shape, volume, contours
Before the procedure, a consultation is carried out, the doctor examines the lips, and the desired volume and shape are discussed. Sometimes patients themselves bring photos of the desired ones or we ask them to show what they want. Many girls show pictures such as they like.
Based on this, the doctor selects the drug, its amount to obtain the desired shape and volume. It so happens that the patient wants lips that do not fit her appearance or they cannot be created taking into account the anatomical features. Such topics are delicately discussed, they will honestly tell you that the desired lips will not work and will offer the optimal technique.
The doctor will paint the lips and show the patient how they will look after the procedure. Sometimes girls wish for the impossible, making excessive demands on the result. Or the procedure is impossible due to the complex shape of the lips. In this case, we have to refuse.
Why is it important to correct both lips at once?
Sometimes patients come to our clinic with a desire to enlarge a particular lip, upper or lower, but this should not be done, since both lips are always enlarged. The only thing we can focus on is the upper lip if it is very small, but we will still work on the lower lip with filler. Or vice versa.
Why is it necessary to prick both lips?
For them to be the same in texture and color. If this is not done, the lip into which we inject the filler will be shiny and smooth, without wrinkles and folds, and the one that remains empty will stand out in shape. Buy fillers online if you understand all information.
Exist ways to enlarge the lips with a needle and cannula. They are enlarged with a cannula after only 1 puncture. As a rule, this is not very popular among patients, since it is not always possible to dose the drug correctly and layout the form beautifully.
Quite often girls come after lip augmentation with a cannula, and we have to “dissolve” such lips. We introduce a drug that dissolves hyaluronic acid.
Also Read: Custom T-shirt Ideas, Fashion, and Clothing